Monday 14 September 2009

Reply from Ealing MP for email 14/09/09

Dear Mr X

(I'm sorry not to address you formally but I don't have your full name or address),


I spent years working on the 'buses and racing up and down the stairs shouting out the names of the next stop so I actually welcome the audible and visible announcements which I reckon are an important part of the service and spare the driver from having to do as I did.


Having said that - I'd not previously noticed the disparity in volume and can well imagine how infuriating this would be (even if the noise from bloody i pods and mobile 'phones virtually drowns out the announcements).



Let me speak to the newly appointed head of surface transport at TfL and see if a sane standard can be set and a reasonable level agreed.



Thanks for getting in touch and I'll let you know what I find out if you can let me have your address.



Best wishes,

Mr MP

No comments:

Post a Comment